FOLLOW Elaine Cooper YBLC Mom, Gramma Author, Coach, Real Foodist, Speaker, Blogger, & Aeroponic Urban Gardener living a saucy seasoned midlife taking the “Hassle out of Healthy” .
May 14 2016
Resist your fear; fear will never lead to you a positive end. Go for your faith and what you believe.
T. D. Jakes
Scared? At first, heck yeh! That’s me behind that helmet if you hadn’t guessed.
By the time I took this picture I was feeling more comfortable sitting on the back of a sport motorcycle. This was our mode of travel when out and about from the RV on my epic month-long bucket list road trip.
I grew up with a not-so-healthy fear of being alone topped off with a huge lack of self-confidence which spills out now and again even now as an adult.
Newly married I was terrified that I couldn’t carry on if something happened to take the ones I loved away and…
… the something happened. Twice!
Our family has been torn apart with grief and the loss of two much loved husbands & devoted Dads.
“You are so brave”. “You’ll get over it”. People mean well, brave is NOT what I felt. To live with this was like I needed to carry a shovel on my back just so I would be ready to dig out of the next pile of crap. I am going way out of my comfort zone putting this out there for you to see.
I chose to focus on the one thing that hadn’t changed … living with intention taking nothing for granted. That fear of carrying on buried …to continue to the best of my ability despite my “mess” of grief, overwhelm, and exhaustion.
ARTICLE from business coach Suzanne Evans
Pain is inevitable.
It feels like it takes forever. It feels the pain will never end. Your emotional brain tells you this will always be hard. Always hurt. Always be wrong.
Your rational brain tells you that whatever is wrong will be ok. Whatever is happening will eventually be over.
So whether it is a relationship or business bust … an employee leaves… a long term client storms away… a person you love hurts you… you make a big mistake… everything stops working… someone leaves… you fail….. it fails… cash is strapped… you get sick… your feelings get hurt… all you hear are no’s… you just can’t get it right.
It hurts pretty bad in the moment.
1) Know that pain will not kill you. It actually informs you, educates you, and prepares you. Think about it. Without the pain you wouldn’t notice what is wonderful all around you. No one can really taste joy without experiencing deep pain.
2) This too shall pass. Nothing lasts forever. The hurt will become a story. The scab will become a scar to simply remind you that you went through that. It is always with you, but no longer raw.
3) You need both. In business and life you need the wins and the losses. You need the hard and the easy. Life and business requires a balance and that balance comes through a deep well of experiences. Be ready instead of afraid of the tough spots. It’s really a blessing. It’s a teacher. It guides you on your weak spots and encourages you to strengthen them.
4) Share. My failures and hardships are much more interesting than what I did right. What works is simple. People see the success and they see the rewards. The pain and the mess ups are difficult to deal with. It’s ok. Know that the world truly loves vulnerable people. And the world loves to help someone back up when they are down.
5) Confidence comes through despair. Every time we go through something hard in our business or our life we get a little more self confidence. Every time we end up on the other side of a hard time or a failure we realize we are stronger than we thought. We are wiser than we thought. We are more generous and strategic and sharp and courageous than we thought. It’s a little badge to add to the sash that says, “Look at what I have overcome.”
Pain is fear. Nothing more. Nothing less.
I have been a failure.
I have been embarrassed.
I have been hurt.
I have been worried.
I have been afraid.
I have been wrong.
I have been sad.
I have been a bust.
It has been painful…
And I’m here and the better for it. You will be too.
About: Suzanne Evans owner and founder of Suzanne Evans Coaching, LLC, is the tell-it-like-it-is, no fluff boss of business building. She supports, coaches, and teaches over 30,000 women enrolled in her wealth and business building programs. Having surpassed the seven figure mark herself in just over three years, she’s coached her private clients to total revenues exceeding 8 million dollars. In 2011, she launched her Global Impact Project, a not for profit serving women worldwide in education, entrepreneurship, and equality.
If you like today’s issue, you’ll love the transformations you’ll experience with
Your Better Living Coach Wellness Programs that take the hassle out of healthy, making it work for you and your family, saving you time and money in the process.
SCHEDULE your DISCOVERY SESSION HERE
Fit Fast Fun Recipes from
I left this one “lucky” flower. Hmmm, I wonder if there is a 4-leaf clover in there?
Neat ways to use dandelion in your meal prep.***Please be sure to pick ONLY greens or flowers where you know the area is free of any kind of toxic treatment. Beware of roadsides!
- Sautéed Greens and Garlic
With their rich mineral and vitamin content, dandelion greens are a healthy addition to any meal. Sautéing with garlic (or ginger or capers) adds flavour and gets rid of some of the bitterness they are famous for. Blanching them by immersing them in boiling water for 20 to 30 seconds also helps. The very mature leaves are the most bitter. If they are already in full flower they can be too unpleasant for some.
- Dandelion Pumpkin Seed Pesto
This nutritious pesto is perfect for a simple pasta, sandwich spread or veggie dip. Because the dandelion greens have a slight bite, the toasted pumpkin seeds (even sunflower or sesame), lemon juice and parmesan add variety and balance. Eliminate parmesan if avoiding dairy.
- Herbal Vinegar
This herbal vinegar is a nice change for salads, in dressings, soups, stews and sauces. Infuse dandelion flowers in apple cider vinegar for four weeks, strain and store in a dark place for up to twelve months.
SCHEDULE your DISCOVERY SESSION HERE
What is YOUR why?Is it your intention to “get with it” and eat cleaner? Received recommendations from your doctor for changing your eating habits ? No need to feel overwhelmed or deprived. Turn your intention into action steps.
Forward to a Friend It’s such a pleasure to help those closest to us become happier and healthier. Please forward this newsletter to friends, family members or colleagues who might be interested and inspired by it.
NOTE : This post is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of a health problem or as a substitute for consulting a licensed medical professional. Its always the best practice to consult your doctor for a comprehensive guide/advice on health problems.
You are receiving this newsletter because you let me know that you are interested or involved in “Better Living” subscribed or are enrolled in Your Better Living Coach Wellness Programs. If you no longer wish to receive this simply unsubscribe. I’ll love you anyway and welcome you back anytime!
c) 2016 Your Better Living Coach all rights reserved