FOLLOW Elaine Cooper YBLC Coach, Real Foodist, Speaker, Blogger, Aeroponic Urban Gardener & Gramma Geek taking the “Hassle out of Healthy”
SCHEDULE your DISCOVERY SESSION HERE
Volume 2 #8 May 23, 2015
What is YOUR story?
Lately I find myself digging deep to have a look from where I came and what’s ahead. A very special friend wrote to me, “Some of us are tested from time to time; some of are tested more often; some of us are tested all the time. None of us gets away without being tested at all – never.
Living life with intention, in the moment, and looking forward is what keeps us hopeful, engaged and (dare I say it) happy. There is nothing we can do to change the past – we can only learn from it – not dwell on it. I guess this is how being grown up feels”.
Ottawa Tulip Festival
Tiptoeing through the tulips this May has been a month of turning inward to contemplate my next steps to living, giving and the legacy I want to leave behind.
I am closing out my 50’s with no clue what my 60’s have in store but I am darned well going to hit ’em head on with the same old intention “to the best of my ability”!
COOPER’S KITCHEN has this for you…Chicken Pad Thai Paleo style
gluten free, dairy free, grain free
Broccoli slaw and julienned carrots replace the noodles in this dish. You can usually get a cut up bag of broccoli slaw in any regular grocery store next to the bagged salads. This makes about 3 servings.
- 1½ lb chicken meat, cut into small 1” chunks OR (use cut up cooked chicken and add at end just to reheat
- 4-5 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil(more if you use breast meat, less if you use thigh meat)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos(or use 1 more Tbsp fish sauce)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice (or use a good quality bottled Lime Juice)
- ½ Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 4-5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 12oz package of broccoli/carrot slaw
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin julienne strips (only if you can’t find combo of brocc/carrot slaw)
- chopped peanuts OR cashews
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic, cook about 1 minute.
2. Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
3. Add fish sauce, coconut aminos, lime juice and vinegar. Cook at a rapid simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
4. Add broccoli slaw and julienned carrot (& cooked chicken if using) Cook, stirring frequently, until soft but still firm, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Toss or garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Elaine’s Tips: If you like your Thai food spicy add some crushed cayenne pepper for a kick! Chopped cashews can be used instead of peanuts. As an option you might want to add an egg. Just push the Pad Thai aside in the pan to create an open space down to the surface of the pan. Crack, scramble and cook the egg like you are making scramble eggs. Once it is fully cooked, mix it in with the rest of the Pad Thai.
If you like today’s issue, you’ll love the transformations you’ll experience with Your Better Living Coach Wellness Programs that take the hassle out of healthy, making practical eating and lifestyle adjustments work for you and your family, saving you time and money in the process.
Received recommendations from your doctor for changing your eating habits ?
Want to rid yourself of guilt whether you are eating healthy enough?
No need to feel overwhelmed or deprived.
Get the support and guidance you deserve.
Turn your intention into action steps.
Grab a spot here to chat with me to let me know What is YOUR story?
Forward to a Friend It’s such a pleasure to help those closest to us become happier and healthier. Please forward this newsletter to friends, family members or colleagues who might be interested and inspired by it.
NOTE : This post is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of a health problem or as a substitute for consulting a licensed medical professional. Its always the best practice to consult your doctor for a comprehensive guide/advice on health problems.
You are receiving this newsletter because you let me know that you are interested or involved in “Better Living” subscribed or are enrolled in Your Better Living Coach Wellness Programs. If you no longer wish to receive this simply unsubscribe. Welcome you back anytime!
c) 2015 Your Better Living Coach all rights reserved