FOLLOW Elaine Cooper YBLC coach, real foodist, speaker, blogger, aeroponic urban gardener & grandma geek taking the “Hassle out of Healthy”
Volume 2 #7 April 29 2015
“Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success.”
― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
I recently attended a birthday celebration where I was asked if there was anything I wished I would have pursued. This actually stopped me speechless. (I know rare occasion!)
I couldn’t think of a single thing I would liked to have done that I hadn’t. My deep desire was to have a family and raise them to the best of my ability . No regrets!
I grew up believing in the “happily ever after”. You know the Cinderella and her handsome ‘fella story! I found the handsome ‘fella and we fell into the ” love each other for ever” mode. We were self-sufficient, living in the same area we had grown up in, simply with intention & purpose.
Eventually ambition and a sense of adventure had us packing up and moving. Did I mention across the country…scared stiff crying for most of the way.
To be continued …
Watch for my next article as I take on the challenge of sharing my “mess”.
P.S. Have you decided it is time to take the hassle out of healthy to make it work for you and your family? Go here
RECIPE for you from…
with Herbed Hummus (click here) vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, egg free
An easy lunch recipe loaded with goodness!
- 12- 16 green leaves (swiss chard, large romaine or collard
- 1 cucumber peeled (or not)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup hearts of palm, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small carrot peeled
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cups herbed hummus (see recipe blog post)
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- ½ cup raw cashews, toasted and lightly crushed
- 20 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives.
1. Steam greens (not if using romaine) for 1 minute. Remove immediately and let cool. Lie flat and arrange into triangles. Lay a paper towel on top and roll rolling pin or jar over the leaves to crush the veins.
2. Cut cucumber, red pepper, hearts of palm, carrot and celery into thin strips. Combine in a bowl and stir.
3. To assemble the wrap, place a rectangle of leaves (2-3) on a cutting board. Spread ¼ of hummus along one of the longer edges. Follow with ¼ of the avocado on top of hummus, then same for cucumber mixture cashews, basil and chives.
4. Roll up halfway, tucking in ends so filling won’t ooze out. Finish by rolling up as tight as you can. Keep going until you have made 4 wraps in all.
Serve as is (minus the toothpick!)
If you like today’s issue, you’ll love the transformations you’ll experience with Your Better Living Coach Wellness Programs that take the hassle out of healthy, making it work for you and your family, saving you time and money in the process.
Is it your intention to “get with it” and eat cleaner? Received recommendations from your doctor for changing your eating habits ? No need to feel overwhelmed or deprived. Turn your intention into action steps. What is YOUR why?
Forward to a Friend It’s such a pleasure to help those closest to us become happier and healthier. Please forward this newsletter to friends, family members or colleagues who might be interested and inspired by it.
NOTE : This post is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of a health problem or as a substitute for consulting a licensed medical professional. Its always the best practice to consult your doctor for a comprehensive guide/advice on health problems.
You are receiving this newsletter because you let me know that you are interested or involved in “Better Living” subscribed or are enrolled in Your Better Living Coach Wellness Programs. If you no longer wish to receive this simply unsubscribe. Welcome you back anytime!
c) 2015 Your Better Living Coach all rights reserved